If ONE or more of the following is true for you,
then read on…
✓ I want to inject more mojo, interest, or meaning into my future career. Either there’s a clear promotion/path I want to go for, or I’m at a bit of a career crossroads and don’t know which option to take.
✓ I have to find a new role, because Covid/redundancy/a curveball has turned my world upside-down.
✓ I want to do something different, but I haven’t got a clue where to start.
✓ I think I know what option to take, but I’m struggling with how to go about it – how to ‘network’ (urgh!!), how to present myself, how to keep motivated.
Sign up to the Career Kick Start and you’ll rediscover your mojo, figure out options and create a gloriously fulfilling career. How? through a series of small group coaching sessions, supported by a rich set of simple-to-follow online resources. This means you not only get the knowledge, but also the support and accountability nudges to make sure you take action.
To join the waiting list for the next cohort.Sign up here
☐ Wouldn’t it be great to have a current role and a career path where you stand up and thrive?
☐ Sometimes we ‘re on a career escalator but get to the next floor and think, oh, where the heck do I go now? I have no idea! Imagine if you knew where to go.
☐ Sometimes we’re miserable and our confidence is too battered to move on. It’s like being in a relationship we should have ended months ago and we’re almost willing them to do something super mean so we’re galvanised to finally take action and move on.
☐ Sometimes we’re forced to move on – redundancy, family needs, covid – our world gets turned upside down and we need to dust ourselves off and bounce back.
We spend so much of our time at work, let’s make sure we thrive there.Join the career kick start now!
This is personal!
If you've answered 'yes' to any of the statements above then I get it, I really empathise.
I have coached hundreds and hundreds of people through successful career transition, so I have tried and tested methods, exercises and templates. BUT before I explain what’s in the Career Kick Start, I want to give you a bit of vulnerable self-disclosure as context:
I have had some MASSIVE Career Kick Starts over the years, they’ve made huge changes to my financial and emotional wellbeing and so I get how important this topic is:
In 1994, aged 21, I graduated from Oxford University with a good degree but I managed to cock up the graduate ‘milk round’ and found myself living back with my parents, having to ask my mum if I could borrow her car to head to town and having to turn down my music when dad said it was too loud. Meanwhile all of my friends had moved to London and started their lives. It was horrible, but forced me to learn about the importance of taming your demons. A few weeks later I bagged a great job with Ernst and Young, deferred my start date and headed to South America for the trip of a lifetime.
In 2009 my world collapsed. I had an ADHD toddler, a newborn baby, total exhaustion, plenty of bills to pay….and I was made redundant. It was a monumentally crappy year. But hand on heart I can look back and say that sh*t made great compost. It opened my eyes to a fabulous career opportunity which had been hiding in plain sight.
In both 2000 and 2014 I was doing jobs I loved in great companies with great colleagues, but I still decided to make bold moves. In my heart of hearts, I knew I was drifting and would regret it if I didn’t get off the passive ‘career conveyor belt’ I was on. Both times these were big, risky decisions. I needed to step outside my comfort zone. If it hadn’t been for a network of support I don’t think I would have had the courage to do it. Thank goodness I did.
2020: Before Covid struck, the vast majority of my income came from conference keynote speaking or face-to-face coaching. It was pretty terrifying to see all my bookings for months’ ahead disappear from my diary within 48 hours. I now realise that Lockdown has simply given me a sharp kick up the backside to provide my tried-and-tested Career Kick Start online.
So, in short, wherever you are on the career-quandary rollercoaster of fear, boredom, frustration, excitement, doubt… I have an inkling of how you might be thinking and feeling and I’ve got your back. I know how amazing it feels to have a great job that has meaning, purpose, and allows you to flourish and contribute. I have a pathological desire to help people and make a difference – sounds vomity, but it’s true. I’ve poured 20 years' coaching experience into the Career Kick Start to help you you make a genuine shift.Ready to sign up? Bagsie your place here
What topics are covered?
The Career Kick Start follows a tried-and-tested process, whilst also giving you full access to all the resources right from day one. That way you can access as much or as little as you need, whenever you need it. Topics include:
1) What do you bring to the party? – understanding your strengths, values and unique quirks.
2) Where do you flourish? Understanding your needs, the environment and context where you’ll thrive.
3) What’s holding you back? Taming your demons – building the belief that it’s OK, you’ve got this, you deserve this, you can absolutely do this.
4) What’s out there? Exploring the opportunities – from the obvious to the left field.
5) What’s your path? Creating an exciting -and wholly realistic - short, medium and long term plan
6) Who’s the support team? Galvanising the right network of people to help you every step of the way.
7) Go blummin do it: taking action, avoiding procrastination, building momentum.
8) Show up! Pitching with authenticity and gravitas: how to explain what you have to offer without coming across like a twit
9) The nitty gritty of applying for a role: how to answer a job advert, prepare for an interview, write a CV and covering letter.Ready to stand up and thrive? Sign up here.
Want to see a sample of some of the resources?
Get To Know Your Own LEGO BRICKS
How is the Career Kick Start delivered?
1. Online Self-service Resources
…so you can go at your own pace and fit your Kick Start around your current commitments. The resources are simple, humorous, appetising and highly practical:
- A series of short, powerful videos which give simple overviews of each topic and strategy,
- A collection of downloadable pdfs which give more detailed explanations
- Step-by step DIY exercises in downloadable pdfs
- Templates and cut-and-paste suggestions. For example, suggestions for emails to write to ‘cold’ contacts to ask for their advice
- Hints and tips and real-life examples from the hundreds of people I’ve coached
- Interviews with experts (eg there's one with a job application coach going through the do's and dont's of getting an job interview; there's another with someone who has started their own business giving invaluable advice if that's the route you want to take....)
2. Live Group Coaching
This will get you thinking, answer your questions, encourage you to keep momentum, - and celebrate your progress
- 8, weekly, hour-long calls with a like-minded, supportive community (small groups to ensure depth of attention)
- The option to involve yourself totally anonymously if your career quandary is confidential
- A structured approach to allow equal ‘airtime’ and individual attention, constructive challenge and sharing of insights and different perspectives.
- Coached by yours truly, using my 20 years’ experience to give you the 100% high support and high challenge you need… whether that’s asking you the questions you’ve been dodging, respectfully slapping you round the face with a wet kipper, or being your ultimate cheerleader, celebrating your progress.
- a one-to-one session with a specialist job application coach to help you figure out that CV, covering letter and interview prep malarky.
2. Connection to a warm, supportive group of like minded peers
- Peer coaching and support. Many alumni have kept in touch months and years after the programme
- A WhatsApp group for in-the-moment support whenever you need it
- Access to honest, constructive feedback and advice
- Acknowledgement and celebration of progress
- A chance to broaden your network and facilitate introductions in different industries and organisations
What do alumni say?
You might still have some Questions.
Where have I done this before?
What’s the time commitment?
What are the other delegates like?
Is it suited for a particular career stage or type?
The Kick Start Guarantee
If you’ve tried the resources for a couple of weeks and it’s not for you, that’s fine. I want to make a genuine impact. I want you to get the results you want and deserve, hence I'm putting my neck on the line and giving you this copper-bottomed guarantee.
What do previous coachees say about me?
"I heard you on Radio 4 and noticed the audience question about whether coaching works and I am here to tell you that it really does. As you know I would never have had the insight into my own drivers to make a decision to move on from my old firm without your help. It has been transformative for me. I would recommend it to anyone." Philippa
“Without a doubt the most useful thing I have done since becoming a coach. I feel like it has given me the tools I need to help me take my coaching to the next level’ Heidi
“Game changer! 3rd coaching session of my career to date and the most impactful. So simple, yet so effective. Thank you.” Guy
Have you got a question?
If you are still intrigued but have some questions or concerns, get in touch. If it turns out that this isn’t right for you, or this isn’t the right time, no worries – so if you’ve questions you want answering before you decide, fill in the form below.